Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Lego Ninjago Movie Review

The Lego Ninjago Movie is a total blast from start to finish. Maybe it was because I had lower expectations but I liked this as much as the other two Lego movies. From the minute this movie started I was howling with laughter. I couldn't believe how much I was laughing at this movie. While after 40ish minutes the laughter does slow down there's still plenty of big laughs to be had in second half of film. I thought this movie was perfectly paced. It was 90 minutes and I felt like I had been sitting there for 30 minutes.  All the voice acting was great and all the cast did a great job giving personality to their characters. Some of the standouts are Jackie Chan who was clearly having a blast with this role and Justin Theroux as the main antagonist of the movie. He stole the movie for me and was glad he was on screen for 85% of this movies running time. Just like the other Lego movies this movie is beautifully animated with its unique style. The story here while simple was also surprisingly compelling and had a really touching father-son relationship I was invested in. Other than the movie does occasionally go too long without a huge laugh, I really didn't have any issue with this movie. While other people might be getting tired of Lego movies if they're all going to be this great, keep them coming.
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment