Sunday, October 15, 2017

Happy Death Day Review

Happy Death Day is one of the most fun theater experiences I have ever had.  Seeing this movie in a packed theater opening night was a great experience and I would highly recommend trying to see this with a crowd.  This movie is about a college student who relives the day of her murder until she discovers her killer's identity.  First off, the opening 15 minutes of this movie while necessary to the story are really bad.  However, after our lead is killed the first time this movie picks up immensely.  Jessica Rothe gives a star-making performance here and is a huge part of why this movie works as well as it does.  While it might not be as predictable for everyone I guessed the killer very quickly, however it did not affect my enjoyment of the film.  The best way I can describe this movie is it’s a horror comedy.  There were as many moments that had me on edge and made me jump as there were moments that made me die laughing.  Overall Happy Death Day was so much better than I expected from the trailer and is a super fun albeit flawed theater experience.

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment