Monday, October 30, 2017

Jigsaw Review

Jigsaw was a massive surprise and a ton of fun despite this being my introduction to the series. This movie is about a series of murders all bearing the mark of the Jigsaw killer. Law enforcement officers find themselves chasing the ghost of a killer who's been dead for over 10 years. They find themselves in a race against the clock to solve the mystery and save the victims of Jigsaw’s game before it is too late. This is my first ever Saw movie and it was nothing like I expected.  This movie is actually an extremely compelling mystery and a really fun thriller.  All the performances are perfectly serviceable for this type of movie although no one stands out. Despite there being no standout performance; I still was invested in the characters. For fans of this series, the traps are fun and unique, but not overly complicated.  At 91 minutes this movie starts immediately and moves at a fast pace rarely ever slowing down. While there is some corny dialogue and acting but it never bothered me enough to ruin my immersion. Overall, Jigsaw was a really fun movie despite occasional issues. I would recommend Jigsaw to horror fans or fans of this series.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment