Friday, February 2, 2018

The Post Review

The Post is a great movie filled to the brim with excellent performances. This movie is about the true story of the Vietnam Papers and the fight between the Government and Press they caused. Tom Hanks, as always, is fantastic in this movie. This is my favorite recent performance of his. Meryl Streep, for once, deserves all the praise she is earning. She gives a fantastic performance bringing a sense of vulnerability to her character. Director Steven Speilberg is one of the all-time greats, so it's no shock that the directing here is top notch. As for flaws, the start is a tad too slow and took around 25 minutes for me to become hooked into the story. However, once I was this movie had me holding my breath in suspense multiple times. Overall, The Post is a great movie and worthy of all the awards buzz it's getting.
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment