Monday, February 5, 2018

Darkest Hour Review

Darkest Hour is a good movie but extremely overrated. This movie is about the true story of Winston Churchill and his job as Prime Minister during WWII. Gary Oldman, despite all the praise he is getting, is just fine here. He is giving a good performance, but is mumbling so much that you can only understand half of what he says.  While the mumble is historically accurate, it became very annoying to not be able to understand half his lines. The best part of this movie is easily Lilly James. I was actually invested in her character arc and her scenes with Oldman are easily the film’s best. This movie will be best enjoyed by history buffs who will easily be able to follow the timeline of events. As for me, while I did follow the story, I did occasionally get lost. At 125 minutes this movie feels extremely long and is very slow paced. Overall, Darkest Hour is a good movie, but I found myself more annoyed by the dialogue than being enthralled in this amazing story.

6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment