Friday, January 18, 2019

Escape Room Review


Escape Room is an extremely fun thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat This movie is about six strangers who get invited to a secret escape room. Once there they learn they are trapped in a situation and they cannot control and must work together or die. Taylor Russell gives a great performance. Her character is very quiet, but you grow to care about her as the movie goes. Logan Miller gives a really good performance. He is a jerk at first but you warm up to him over time. Deborah Ann Wolll gives a fantastic performance, but her character is severely underutilized. Tyler Labine gives a decent performance but, while he has a few strong moments, he never truly stands out. Jay Ellis gives an okay performance. He is playing the stereotypical corporate jerk and while he does it well, it just gets old fast. Nik Dodani’s performance is fine, but his character got on my nerves some. Adam Robitel did a great job directing. Each room has its own style and he keeps the tension high to the point I caught myself holding my breath numerous times. The script is good but pretty standard. The third act takes some twists that will not work for everyone, but I personally liked the direction. At 100 minutes the pacing is very fast, though the first 15 minutes of setup can be slow and boring to some people. Overall, Escape Room was an extremely pleasant surprise and I wouldn't mind seeing this become a series.
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment