Thursday, September 28, 2017

Wind River Review

Wind River is a great directorial debut by writer Taylor Sheridan whose previous film Hell or High Water I loved. With this film, he continues to be a great writer and has proven himself as a director expertly milking tension out of a fairly standard mystery plot. Jeremy Renner gives the best performance of his career so far here as does Elizabeth Olsen and I expect both of them to be up for Oscars next year. The cinematography is great and the editing especially is worth mentioning with one particularly unique edit in 3rd act adding even more tension. I really don't have flaws with this movie other than I don't think I could ever sit through this movie again. Otherwise, this is a dark but compelling thriller from start to finish.
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment